Benefits of cast iron
Cast iron is suited to rainwater and soil drainage systems. It offers many benefits to the customer and the contractor, which include:
- Strength and durability - cast iron is able to withstand the rigours of on site handling, mechanical de-blocking and vandalism.
- Long life - when correctly installed cast iron drainage systems will last the life of the building, whether domestic, public, industrial or commercial.
- Low maintenance - cast iron requires little ongoing maintenance, annual inspections are recommended but remedial action is rarely required.
- Design capability - cast iron can meet the needs of restoration, refurbishment, conservation and heritage work as well as new, bespoke and unique designs.
- Sustainability - in addition to lasting the life of a building and requiring minimal maintenance, cast iron is also 100% recyclable.
- Cost effective - owing to its longevity, low maintenance, fire resistance and low noise operation, the cost benefits of cast iron are significant.
Benefits of the Traditional Express range
The benefits of the Traditional Express range include:
- Ease of use on site
- Our specially designed gasket relaxing tool and gasket lubricant are the only tools required for jointing
- Substantial savings in labour time for each joint
- Compatiable with our Mech 416 comprehensive range of pipes and fittings
- Readily available through our distributor network
- Suitable for listed properties and conservation projects
For more information about the benefits of cast iron products please see the PDF file below. You can download this files which can then be printed out or passed on. If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us on 01422 330607 or use the call back facility on this website.